Spring Onion Tart
- 1/2 pound (0.23 g) new potatoes, peeled
- 4 slices smoky artisan bacon, diced
- 1 rectangular cooked tart shell
- 3 Organic Meadow Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Organic Meadow Half and Half Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Organic Meadow Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) wholegrain mustard
- 1 bunch garden spring onions, trimmed and halved lengthways
- Ontario salt to taste
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool. While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Thinly slice the cooled potatoes and arrange on the base of the cooked tart shell. Beat the eggs, cream, cheese, mustard, and bacon in a bowl and season to taste. Arrange the spring onions on top of the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture. Place in oven and bake until set but still a bit wobbly, approximately 25 minutes. It will set further as it cools.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Makes 1 tart.