Roasted Parsnip and Bosc Pear Soup
- 1lb (450 g) Parsnips, peeled and chopped into 1-inch (5-cm) chunks
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 Small White onion, chopped
- 4 Whole Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsbp (30 ml) Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) Vegetable stock, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) White balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 6 tbsp Organic Meadow 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parsnips, pear, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan and toss until well combined. Place pan in preheated oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is tender and caramelized.
- Pour 1 cup (250 ml) of the vegetable stock over the mixture on the roasting pan and stir, scraping up any caramelized bits that have stuck to the bottom.
- Purée the roasted mixture in small batches in a blender or food processor along with remaining 3 cups vegetable stock and vinegar. Strain the mixture into a large pot and heat thoroughly over medium-high heat. Transfer to bowls and garnish with a tablespoon of Organic Meadow 2% Greek Yogurt.
Serve soup immediately.
Recipe created by Chef Marco, University of Toronto, Hart House
7 Hart House Circle / Toronto, ON / M5S 3H3 / Canada / 416.978.2452