Pumpkin Muffins or Loaf
- 4 ounces Organic Meadow light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Organic Meadow unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Large Organic Meadow Eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
This recipe was submitted to us just after Thanksgiving 2011 by Rachel Vice, daughter of OM producers who live at Birchwind Holstein's. Its makes soft and tasty muffins or a loaf that is great in lunches, for a snack or as a dessert! Enjoy!
Great Pumpkin Muffin or Loaf Recipe ~ According to Rachel muffins are easier to make :)
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar till smooth
- Add eggs one at a time and mix
- Add pumpkin and mix
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Make well in centre of the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Mix until moistened but do not over mix.
Muffins: Bake at 400°F for 20 - 25 minutes.
Loaf: Bake at 350°F for 45 mins - 1 hour
To learn more about the Vice family visit their farmer profile