Organic Meadow Lactose Free Vichysoisse
- 2 large Organic potatoes, peeled, washed and cubed
- 1 large Organic leek, white and light green part only, washed and chopped
- 1 clove Organic garlic
- 5 cups Organic Meadow lactose free 2% milk
- 1 bunch Organic parsley or chives, chopped finely
- 2 oz Olive oil
- Quantity Salt and pepper to taste
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil until hot but not bubbling. Turn the temperature down to low and the leeks and garlic. Sautee until translucent – not brown.
Add the potatoes and the milk and simmer gently for about 40 minutes – the potatoes should break apart by this point.
Using a blender, puree the soup until creamy. Add salt to taste. Chill in a refrigerator until needed. Before serving, add some freshly ground pepper and finish with chopped parsley or chives.