Organic Meadow Cheddar and Herb Purses
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) parsley
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh thyme
- 3 1-inch pieces garlic scapes
- Dash hot sauce (optional)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 ounces (170g) Organic Meadow Cheddar Cheese
- 24 long chives, soaked in water
- Ontario salt to taste
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Put the herbs and garlic scapes in a mini food processor and mince. Transfer to a bowl, add a drop of hot sauce (optional), and season. Set aside.
Cut 24 small ½-inch square pieces of Organic Meadow white cheddar. Lay a piece of cheese in the centre of a wonton wrapper. Spoon a bit of the herb mixture on top, about half a teaspoon. Dampen the edges of the wonton and fold it by bringing all four points together into a bundle. Tie with a chive strand and place on a baking sheet. Repeat for all 24 wonton wrappers.
Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of wonton wrappers are golden brown.