Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 tbls Organic Meadow organic butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 minced Onion - any cooking variety
- 2 stalks Minced celery
- 3 cups Broth (vegetable or chicken work best)
- 8 cups Broccoli florets (you can even use the stems if you want)
- 2 cups Organic Meadow organic milk
- 1 cup Organic Meadow organic 10% cream
- ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in medium sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery until tender. Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour back into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot.
- Add milk and cream. Season with pepper and serve on its own or with bread.
NOTE: You can make this recipe with our lactose free milk as well and you get the same creamy texture/flavour.