Ideal Storage Conditions: 2-4 degrees celsius
Shelf Life in Ideal Storage Conditions: 40 days from date of production
- Always check the date stamp on the carton when purchasing yogurt. The date is the expiry date which means the yogurt is safe to eat until that date.
- Containers should be kept refrigerated with lid tightly sealed.
- Look for the freshest-marked container in the grocery store. It becomes much stronger in flavor towards the expiry date. It is best to plan on using it within 1-2 weeks of purchase.
- If a cloudy watery liquid is floating on the surface of the container (this is the whey), simply pour off the liquid or stir it back in.
- Freezing is not recommended. It will thin down and become runny. If you don't mind this consistency or will use in cooking, thaw in the refrigerator before using.