Ideal Storage Conditions: 1-4°C
Shelf Life in Ideal Storage Conditons: Ontario Milk - 22 days*
*from date of production
- When shopping, pick up milk last so it doesn't warm up while you fill your cart.
- Use the freshest milk and always use by the 'best before' date. Buy smaller amounts more often rather than storing open, larger containers in the refrigerator.
- Keep cartons closed and store away from strong-smelling food items - the milk can pick up those odors.
- Do not return unused milk to its original container.
- Freezing milk is not recommended. It separates and loses its smooth texture.
- Avoid exposing milk to light - light affects its riboflavin, folate and vitamin B12 content and can cause 'off' flavours.